Monday 18 April 2011



I haven't posted in a while, but the March edition @ Yukon St. was really fantastic. I was blown away by the literary majesty of Shane Beehan, Kelsey McLauren, Charlotte D'Arcy, and Abby Way. I was also very thrilled to see one guest in particular -  Jenner Berger (founder/curator of the Allan St. Reading Series and the inspiration behind the L.K. series.) I have a lot of respect for Jenner because she's one of those people who inspire other people to create beautiful things. Without her, the L.K. series wouldn't exist, and I still can't thank her enough for everything she's done for me...I think I've sent her about ten thank-you emails since I read at Allan St. last July!
Here is a link to the podcast from March:

http://web.me.com/cmombourquette/Site/Podcast/Entries/2011/4/16_Lilah_Kemp_March_2011.html

The April edition will be a mash-up of literary readings and music from local musicians. It will be happening at the Khyber Club on Barrington St. and will act as a fundraiser for the Khyber. The date is Wednesday, April 27th (8-11pm) The line-up of readers/performers:

LITERATURE:
Matt Robinson
Laura Dawe
Alison Lang
Danny Jacobs

MUSIC:
Catholic Gaydar
Panos Giannoulis
Kristen Wells
Soho Ghetto

The bar will be open and the bartender will be working for tips, so please tip if you choose to have a few drinks.
This should be a different experience than Allan St., but it should be very fun and interesting.
See you there!
-Corey Mombourquette
(c.m.mombourquette@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment